The Ravens last chance might’ve been exactly a week from today.It’s Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Ray Rice – they are getting older faster than you can say Cundiff. Some teams, are simply too old, hurt, or too tired to get a playoff win. These 5 teams had one of their best, but last chances this season or last season, and may never see such glory for a while.
5. Baltimore Ravens – The Ravens have gotten too old, but still have a year or so left. The young and fresh talent they had in 02′, 03′, 04′ and for a while until now has slowly gone away. The Ravens will most likely not have a losing record, that’s for sure, but it could be in the near future if Baltimore’s trusty veterans just turn into average ones, or even retire.
4. . Boston Celtics – It’s not that they’re actually losing so much, but the big 3 has lost the superpower ability they had oh such a short time ago. Garnett and Pierce seem to always be battling injuries, and Allen just isn’t what he used to be. I think it could be the end of the line for the big 3 if the Celtics want to stay contending with the Bulls, Heat, Clippers and Hornets, who are oh so young and filled with talent.
3. Atlanta Braves – As it seems, the Braves have literally gone downwards in the past 4 years with their players. After hitting a 91 game peak, the Braves record may very well go down soon. And yes, I know you say they have great young pitching talent, and that’s completely true! But, you can’t win if you don’t score, and that is very well what might start to happen soon.
2. Chicago Bears – The Packers and Lions all have talent. Unfortunately, talent is beginning to be lacked in Chicago. 40.5% of Chicago’s players all have 7 years of experience, and 20 % have 9 or more. The Bears need young talent, and need it fast, or else they could be doomed to top three picks for quite a few years.
1. San Antonio Spurs – They need talent, NOW. 28% of players are 9 years or more into the NBA, their franchise face has lost ppg so much in the past few seasons, he has lost nearly 575 points for them every season since 09-10. Manu Ginobli has been good, but has barely any assists or rebounds. Ten points a game is not enough from Richard Jefferson. Plus, all those rookies they have? Only one has a higher ppg than 7, and most of their apt averages are below 1.5. Tony Parker has been the main man lately, but the Spurs have to get new talent fast to keep him going, or it could turn ugly for the once beautiful San Antonio Spurs.